Eraserhead
Apr 9, 06:28 AM
Considering we have evidence to suggest PP workers aiding and abetting pimps and child prostitutes (fake) in acquiring abortion I don't see how lying and doctoring documents is above them. A lie from the physician and the paperwork for that abortion getting "misplaced" are all it takes.
Also I'm very surprised at only one website "exposing" her and a couple sites commenting on it. Abby Johnson lying would come out as a bang not a whimper.
Unless reporting someone to the FBI counts as "aiding and abetting" I don't agree.
Also I'm very surprised at only one website "exposing" her and a couple sites commenting on it. Abby Johnson lying would come out as a bang not a whimper.
Unless reporting someone to the FBI counts as "aiding and abetting" I don't agree.
Fukui
Apr 3, 07:13 PM
I'd LOVE to see Ruby support in TextEdit for Tiger!
EDIT: Oops, wandering off-topic again...
Ruby support should definitely be in an update of Pages.
I'm sure your not the only one.
EDIT: Oops, wandering off-topic again...
Ruby support should definitely be in an update of Pages.
I'm sure your not the only one.
coolbreeze
Nov 5, 06:56 PM
I think it would be cool to use your phone for payments and some of these other functions. Excited to see what the next version will bring.
This. @ any store, @ a Coke machine, @ the movies.
Just hold your iPhone up to the sensor. Possibly enter a PIN to validate.
Done.
I reach for my phone at the same time I reach for my wallet. Never leave home without it.
Perfect payment tool.
This. @ any store, @ a Coke machine, @ the movies.
Just hold your iPhone up to the sensor. Possibly enter a PIN to validate.
Done.
I reach for my phone at the same time I reach for my wallet. Never leave home without it.
Perfect payment tool.
psionic001
Nov 21, 04:41 PM
Wouldn't using the "extra" electricity to power fans to decrease heat lead to less "extra" electricity???? :rolleyes: I hope they really think this through - and I'm sure they will. Of course powering fans isn't the only use for electricity.
I think that maybe you could think of this as something that harnesses the heat and slows the power drain from the battery for the same amount of heat produced by the cpu.
Of course they could use the extra power to provide a little more cooling to the chip, but only enough not to take the thermal difference (which generates the power in the first place) away. Now that makes it a lot clearer dosn't it! :confused: :rolleyes:
Another cool idea would be to use one of those microscopic steam turbines. Steam turbines would remove heat and create power at the same time.... or was that some dream I had. :eek:
I think that maybe you could think of this as something that harnesses the heat and slows the power drain from the battery for the same amount of heat produced by the cpu.
Of course they could use the extra power to provide a little more cooling to the chip, but only enough not to take the thermal difference (which generates the power in the first place) away. Now that makes it a lot clearer dosn't it! :confused: :rolleyes:
Another cool idea would be to use one of those microscopic steam turbines. Steam turbines would remove heat and create power at the same time.... or was that some dream I had. :eek:
more...
davidjearly
Dec 22, 07:20 AM
You seem to have all the time in the world to come in here and point out how "pathetic" we all are. Really nice of you btw, thanks.
1. I said I had "limited" time to discuss the idea behind the campaign. Limited is the key word. Note, I've not spent significantly more time discussing it than you or others in the thread. I enjoy discussing the idea behind things, trying to get to understand the logic involved. I apologise for expressing an opposing view to the OP. Obviously I have misunderstood the whole concept of a discussion forum.
2. Like another poster above who seems to have incorrectly comprehended my earlier post, I described the campaign as "pathetic". At no point did I describe you, or any other individual as pathetic. There was no personal insults so lets avoid making stuff up, ok?
Call people "pathetic" all you want.
See point 2 above.
I think it's pretty laughable how you've clearly been far more put out by it's very existence than any of those who took part were.
I haven't actually. Again, you seem to be making stuff up. I already explained how I haven't been out out by this at all. I just thought that the whole campaign was totally pointless, and still do.
People seem to be looking in to what was supposed to be a simple bit of fun/rebellion too much. No one cares what record label people are with. It wasn't an attack on labels or the music industry. The point was simple, to have something the complete opposite of X Factor at number 1. We did it, quickly and simply, with minimal fuss, and all from the comfort of sitting in front of our own computers.
If it has made you all feel as though you have more power now to get things done then that's great. I'm really really pleased for you.
1. I said I had "limited" time to discuss the idea behind the campaign. Limited is the key word. Note, I've not spent significantly more time discussing it than you or others in the thread. I enjoy discussing the idea behind things, trying to get to understand the logic involved. I apologise for expressing an opposing view to the OP. Obviously I have misunderstood the whole concept of a discussion forum.
2. Like another poster above who seems to have incorrectly comprehended my earlier post, I described the campaign as "pathetic". At no point did I describe you, or any other individual as pathetic. There was no personal insults so lets avoid making stuff up, ok?
Call people "pathetic" all you want.
See point 2 above.
I think it's pretty laughable how you've clearly been far more put out by it's very existence than any of those who took part were.
I haven't actually. Again, you seem to be making stuff up. I already explained how I haven't been out out by this at all. I just thought that the whole campaign was totally pointless, and still do.
People seem to be looking in to what was supposed to be a simple bit of fun/rebellion too much. No one cares what record label people are with. It wasn't an attack on labels or the music industry. The point was simple, to have something the complete opposite of X Factor at number 1. We did it, quickly and simply, with minimal fuss, and all from the comfort of sitting in front of our own computers.
If it has made you all feel as though you have more power now to get things done then that's great. I'm really really pleased for you.
whoodie
Mar 10, 10:15 PM
What are the odds one of you Friscoans will post an update around 3:30-4:00ish and let me know what the line (or lack thereof) at Stonebriar is looking like?? Now I'm debating between Willow Bend and Stonebriar...
X2, that would be awesome!
X2, that would be awesome!
more...

MacQuest
Oct 7, 05:59 AM
...how do these people still have jobs?
NOBODY has jobs.
Yet Jobs has EVERYBODY.
Mwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... :D
Ok, that's enough. Going back to sleep now. :p
;)
NOBODY has jobs.
Yet Jobs has EVERYBODY.
Mwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... :D
Ok, that's enough. Going back to sleep now. :p
;)
MacCoaster
Sep 20, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dricci
P4s can't go Dual. It's sorta like the G3, it's just not designed to do that. It wouldn't work.
That is what the Pentium 4 XEON is for. So yes, P4s can go dual, in the Xeon configuration.
Edit: Hell, it can do 4-way or more. Quad G4 Macs? In your dreams...
P4s can't go Dual. It's sorta like the G3, it's just not designed to do that. It wouldn't work.
That is what the Pentium 4 XEON is for. So yes, P4s can go dual, in the Xeon configuration.
Edit: Hell, it can do 4-way or more. Quad G4 Macs? In your dreams...
more...
MattSepeta
Apr 12, 02:11 PM
He's just speaking truth to power. It's a violent outburst caused by the man's oppression by the white majority. It's unfortunate that a woman was beat up, but we must consider the root cause - whites.
Seriously, I had to write papers on this crap. It's pretty awesome. I took it as a lesson on how you can win any argument by changing the rules.
Lucky for you, you got to help finance the mess that is the University system :)
Seriously, I had to write papers on this crap. It's pretty awesome. I took it as a lesson on how you can win any argument by changing the rules.
Lucky for you, you got to help finance the mess that is the University system :)
Rocketman
Oct 9, 03:45 PM
Online delivery is lower price than the physical artifact because it COSTS LESS. Interestingly the net $ to the publisher is HIGHER with online despite the fact target and Wal-Mart sell at loss leader prices.
These facts means future CD/DVD artifact sales will be slight premium propositions and will of course remain valid for a long time.
BUT online sales should not only take a big market share, but ADD customers from people which are convenience oriented or physically away from a big box retailer.
Besides it is inevitable.
Rocketman
These facts means future CD/DVD artifact sales will be slight premium propositions and will of course remain valid for a long time.
BUT online sales should not only take a big market share, but ADD customers from people which are convenience oriented or physically away from a big box retailer.
Besides it is inevitable.
Rocketman
more...

linux2mac
Apr 5, 05:47 PM
The iPad2 is so popular it is even sold out in the afterlife!!
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/05/paper-ipad-2-sells-out-in-china-for-use-in-afterlife-rituals/
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/05/paper-ipad-2-sells-out-in-china-for-use-in-afterlife-rituals/
ArchaicRevival
Apr 19, 10:56 AM
This is so exciting! I'm not sure if I'm more excited about Detox or the White iPhone! :D
more...
tcreasy
Apr 25, 02:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Apple Bitch? Really? Lovely name.
Apple Bitch? Really? Lovely name.
Thunderhawks
Apr 15, 06:35 AM
Windows 7 was his idea.
The shirt and T look was his wife's.
The shirt and T look was his wife's.
more...
sn00p
Nov 10, 02:27 PM
RFID in passports is kind of another ball of wax. One of the issues with so-called e-Passports is that they store all of the information on the RFID tag (i.e. your personal information) rather than just a reference number to a database. This is so you don't have different countries accessing other countries' databases. However, the level of encryption used on these passports is very weak, so all of that data on the tag is potentially vulnerable.
It is generally considered best practice to put only reference numbers to a database on RFID tags. That way if you skim the tag all you have is jibberish without the accompanying database info.
Don't blame the technology... blame the incorrect use of the technology. I don't see how the above examples of Apple's potential usage could be a serious privacy threat like the passports are.
E-Passports are however resilient to casual scanning (i.e the bad guy standing behind you in the queue) because you need to know personal details about the passport holder in order to generate the access key (this information is physically written inside the passport and the reader uses OCR to read it and then generate the key to access the electronic information).
There have been many unfounded stories about E-Passports, mainly by scaremongering newspapers who find the dumbest "security export" money can buy.
Yes you can duplicate the electronic portion of an E-passport with the right equipment, but what you cannot do is change this original information to create a fake passport that will pass validation, the data is signed using public key cryptography and the private keys are exactly that, private.
Providing that the authorities validate e-passport data with the authentic public keys, there is no problem and no security hole.
It is generally considered best practice to put only reference numbers to a database on RFID tags. That way if you skim the tag all you have is jibberish without the accompanying database info.
Don't blame the technology... blame the incorrect use of the technology. I don't see how the above examples of Apple's potential usage could be a serious privacy threat like the passports are.
E-Passports are however resilient to casual scanning (i.e the bad guy standing behind you in the queue) because you need to know personal details about the passport holder in order to generate the access key (this information is physically written inside the passport and the reader uses OCR to read it and then generate the key to access the electronic information).
There have been many unfounded stories about E-Passports, mainly by scaremongering newspapers who find the dumbest "security export" money can buy.
Yes you can duplicate the electronic portion of an E-passport with the right equipment, but what you cannot do is change this original information to create a fake passport that will pass validation, the data is signed using public key cryptography and the private keys are exactly that, private.
Providing that the authorities validate e-passport data with the authentic public keys, there is no problem and no security hole.
Compile 'em all
Jan 6, 03:34 PM
Push Notifications are when your phone automatically checks for updates, alerts etc. without you having to open the app right? I guess it's just misleading to me because when I hear "push" notifications, I think of something that happens when I push the app or open it up.
Thanks for the fast response!
What you are explaining is pull, not push.
In push, the phone keeps one connection alive to Apple. When Apple receives data for your phone, it will push it to your phone through this connection. The phone doesn't "check" anything.
Thanks for the fast response!
What you are explaining is pull, not push.
In push, the phone keeps one connection alive to Apple. When Apple receives data for your phone, it will push it to your phone through this connection. The phone doesn't "check" anything.
more...

oban14
Apr 6, 06:29 PM
Why can't they just make a JACK connector, with 4 wires, like for the iPod Shuffle? That would allow everything to go through ONE port, it would be easy to manufacture, compatible, and there would be no wrong way of connecting it. Not to mention it's tiny.
You could then replace all the USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and all that random stuff with ONE connector that would be easy to connect, cheap to buy and it would be very small and secure.
Wake me up when it will be possible to supply data at high speed and enough power through 4 cables with a jack connector.
Because Apple wants you to buy as many 29 dollar adapters as possible.
You could then replace all the USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and all that random stuff with ONE connector that would be easy to connect, cheap to buy and it would be very small and secure.
Wake me up when it will be possible to supply data at high speed and enough power through 4 cables with a jack connector.
Because Apple wants you to buy as many 29 dollar adapters as possible.

iGary
Sep 13, 07:25 AM
I had a few GA�s and I think I�ve had both gas and IV�s.
Whichever you have it�s normal for the doctor (I�ll not try to attempt and spell anestithologist <that�s why) to ask you to count down from ten, you won�t make seven before you�re under.
While you�re under you don�t dream, or at least I never have.
Coming round is the weird part as it�s not like waking up from sleep, it�s like when you are so tired you can�t keep your eyes open. You know when you�re sat in front of TV at night and the shopping channel comes on and you�re powerless to even lift the remote but can see the horror in front of you.
You�ll come round from the drugs like this and then drift back off to �normal� sleep ie sleep your body�s decided you need as opposed to drug induced.
Waking from that sleep is fairly normal except you�ll have to deal with the pain of whatever operation you just had. :(
OK, so it's like when I have insomnia and take 2mgs of Xanax and feel like I weigh 500 pounds the next morning and can't get up.
Whichever you have it�s normal for the doctor (I�ll not try to attempt and spell anestithologist <that�s why) to ask you to count down from ten, you won�t make seven before you�re under.
While you�re under you don�t dream, or at least I never have.
Coming round is the weird part as it�s not like waking up from sleep, it�s like when you are so tired you can�t keep your eyes open. You know when you�re sat in front of TV at night and the shopping channel comes on and you�re powerless to even lift the remote but can see the horror in front of you.
You�ll come round from the drugs like this and then drift back off to �normal� sleep ie sleep your body�s decided you need as opposed to drug induced.
Waking from that sleep is fairly normal except you�ll have to deal with the pain of whatever operation you just had. :(
OK, so it's like when I have insomnia and take 2mgs of Xanax and feel like I weigh 500 pounds the next morning and can't get up.
SevenInchScrew
Jun 14, 10:30 PM
I havent been able to find out if the new HDD is proprietary or if MS stopped being dicks about that.
Nope, they're still being total dicks about it. It is removable still, but still does comes in a proprietary case. There is a panel on the bottom of the case that can be removed, and you can pull out the drive, and presumably replace with bigger ones down the road. I wish they would have moved to using regular 2.5" drives like the PS3, but I doubt I'll ever need to upgrade, so it really isn't much concern for me. I still have over 30GB free on my 120GB Elite's drive.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2653/slimunboxing29hands.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5586/slimunboxing30hands.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3449/slimunboxing32hands.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/175/slimunboxing31hands.jpg
Nope, they're still being total dicks about it. It is removable still, but still does comes in a proprietary case. There is a panel on the bottom of the case that can be removed, and you can pull out the drive, and presumably replace with bigger ones down the road. I wish they would have moved to using regular 2.5" drives like the PS3, but I doubt I'll ever need to upgrade, so it really isn't much concern for me. I still have over 30GB free on my 120GB Elite's drive.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2653/slimunboxing29hands.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5586/slimunboxing30hands.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3449/slimunboxing32hands.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/175/slimunboxing31hands.jpg
R94N
Mar 4, 02:10 AM
It's good, but expensive.
morespce54
Oct 26, 02:11 PM
I miss Sound Edit 16.
I used that app so much in the old days... way before Macromedia and Adobe got into the game. :rolleyes:
I used that app so much in the old days... way before Macromedia and Adobe got into the game. :rolleyes:
PlaceofDis
Sep 1, 05:31 AM
how do they release the preview to developers and not let loose the super secret features? are all the super secret features all applications which don't need testing?
or will there be another round of betas?:confused: :confused: :confused:
they don't lose the secret features due to NDAs.
or will there be another round of betas?:confused: :confused: :confused:
they don't lose the secret features due to NDAs.
EddieT
Nov 11, 09:19 AM
It seems these ads are almost a carbon copy of US versions which are translated into Japanese.
Except for the first one, which is a play on words with "Mac" and "work," which when pronounced in katakana Japanese rhymes with "Mac."
In that US version ad, the Japanese chick says the PC guy looks like a "otaku." I think "Otaku" is roughly translated to homeboy (stay-at-home guy or geek).
Not where I grew up.
Except for the first one, which is a play on words with "Mac" and "work," which when pronounced in katakana Japanese rhymes with "Mac."
In that US version ad, the Japanese chick says the PC guy looks like a "otaku." I think "Otaku" is roughly translated to homeboy (stay-at-home guy or geek).
Not where I grew up.
Cinch
Nov 2, 12:29 PM
I don't see Apple getting more than 10% marketshare anytime soon unless they do something significant.
I don't know anybody who has switched. I've known a few people who seriously considered it, but when they learned they'd have to spend another $200 for Windows XP so they can run their 'XP Only' things, they settled on a PC.
I think Apple is more concern with building beautiful computers and fabulously looking music player than they are about selling large amount of PCs or mp3 players. Case in point, my office mate has a dell laptop and when we place our laptops next to one another (mine is a black MacBook) you can definitely tell. Personally, the reason why I brought the MacBook instead of a HP laptop that cost $500 less is because the HP laptop is ugly. It is simple. I don't care about the amazing video card that has a trillion bytes of RAM that I will never see. My MacBook works well (iLife, Safari and Office suite) and looks gorgeous!
If Apple continues to create stylist electronic devices that are simple to use and help people do things easily, they will gain marketshare albeit not by much.
Cinch
I don't know anybody who has switched. I've known a few people who seriously considered it, but when they learned they'd have to spend another $200 for Windows XP so they can run their 'XP Only' things, they settled on a PC.
I think Apple is more concern with building beautiful computers and fabulously looking music player than they are about selling large amount of PCs or mp3 players. Case in point, my office mate has a dell laptop and when we place our laptops next to one another (mine is a black MacBook) you can definitely tell. Personally, the reason why I brought the MacBook instead of a HP laptop that cost $500 less is because the HP laptop is ugly. It is simple. I don't care about the amazing video card that has a trillion bytes of RAM that I will never see. My MacBook works well (iLife, Safari and Office suite) and looks gorgeous!
If Apple continues to create stylist electronic devices that are simple to use and help people do things easily, they will gain marketshare albeit not by much.
Cinch

No comments:
Post a Comment