MacManiac1224
Sep 13, 04:47 PM
eweek is a magazine for enterprise customers, there is no link i can provide, but you can take my word for it.
joeshell383
Nov 11, 06:34 PM
American Camera? Err.... I don't know any American brand that makes cameras... :rolleyes:
HP
HP
Full of Win
Apr 21, 12:51 PM
Delivering next gen hardware wrapped in current (or known) exterior enclosures has been SOP with console makers for years. For example, Microsoft used PowerMac G5's for developers of XBOX 360 games before the consumer hardware shipped.
chisnic
Apr 12, 03:08 PM
It was announced, see http://blog.officeformac.com/coming-soon-office-for-mac-2011-sp1/ that with SP1, contacts, calendar and notes can now be synced through iTunes. BUT it doesn't! Anyone know what happened?
more...
DeeGee48
Nov 17, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Lam's success has not gone unnoticed, however, as he has now received a letter from a purported private investigator claiming that Lam is trafficking in stolen goods. Lam intends to secure the services of a lawyer to defend himself against any possible action.
___________________________
If the PI is from Apple, or WHEN Apple does get involved, I predict the kid will be on the Lam pretty quickly! (Sorry, couldn't resist!) :rolleyes:
Lam's success has not gone unnoticed, however, as he has now received a letter from a purported private investigator claiming that Lam is trafficking in stolen goods. Lam intends to secure the services of a lawyer to defend himself against any possible action.
___________________________
If the PI is from Apple, or WHEN Apple does get involved, I predict the kid will be on the Lam pretty quickly! (Sorry, couldn't resist!) :rolleyes:
oscillatewildly
Apr 4, 03:56 PM
...
If taxation is designed to ween us from foreign oil and clean-up the atmosphere, then a gas tax is perfect. Otherwise, it needs to be based on miles driven somehow (perhaps along with a weight multiplier).
Hi mstrze,
The system in the UK was altered as a gesture to reducing total carbon dioxide emission. Being the UK it took the car route - big car, must be rich, easy target - rather than loading the fuel price - more votes to be lost making high use small car owners pay their fair share.:rolleyes:
Much of the damage here seems to be caused by cable and utility companies, and the weather. Tax the companies plus strict completion time and quality requirements? A lot of bad patch jobs injuring motorcyclists and cyclists, even before they become potholes.
Highway miles? The old chestnut is tolls.
Cheers,
OW
If taxation is designed to ween us from foreign oil and clean-up the atmosphere, then a gas tax is perfect. Otherwise, it needs to be based on miles driven somehow (perhaps along with a weight multiplier).
Hi mstrze,
The system in the UK was altered as a gesture to reducing total carbon dioxide emission. Being the UK it took the car route - big car, must be rich, easy target - rather than loading the fuel price - more votes to be lost making high use small car owners pay their fair share.:rolleyes:
Much of the damage here seems to be caused by cable and utility companies, and the weather. Tax the companies plus strict completion time and quality requirements? A lot of bad patch jobs injuring motorcyclists and cyclists, even before they become potholes.
Highway miles? The old chestnut is tolls.
Cheers,
OW
more...
John.B
Mar 28, 04:43 PM
You will, in fact, get two different Field of Views but the same Focal Length.
^^^^ This.
^^^^ This.
polythene pam
Aug 31, 04:09 PM
- People who are worried about security and privacy.. well just don't use the 'Places' feature.. You're not being forced to!
more...

Funny Pregnancy Quotes

Funny Quotes
more...

So here are some funny

funny pregnancy quotes
more...

funny pregnancy quotes

funny pregnancy quotes. famous
more...

funny pregnancy quotes.

Reader-Submitted Funny Baby
more...

funny quotes for men

funny pregnancy quotes. george w bush funny quotes. george w bush funny quotes. Himynamesnoah. Mar 13, 08:31 PM. It will take a bit to get it packaged up

Funny Pregnancy Sayings. Pregnancy Quotes Pregnancy Quotes which you can use to plaster all over your online profile! You#39;ll. Pregnancy Quotes.
more...
twoodcc
Feb 21, 02:54 PM
You're right,
It doesn't work for me either.
I haven't looked at this for ages, extremeoverclocking probably changed their xml design. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promisse you a fast solution. My daughter and studies take up most of my time right now.
I'll post a working version in this thread, when I come to it. If you'd like to take over development however, feel free to do so.
Thanks for trying the widget :)
thanks. yeah i know this is an old topic, but i'm new to folding, and some people still have this linked in their sigs (that's how i found it)
as much as i'd love to work on this, i'm still new to programming as well. taking a java class now. so i don't think i would get much done.
It doesn't work for me either.
I haven't looked at this for ages, extremeoverclocking probably changed their xml design. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promisse you a fast solution. My daughter and studies take up most of my time right now.
I'll post a working version in this thread, when I come to it. If you'd like to take over development however, feel free to do so.
Thanks for trying the widget :)
thanks. yeah i know this is an old topic, but i'm new to folding, and some people still have this linked in their sigs (that's how i found it)
as much as i'd love to work on this, i'm still new to programming as well. taking a java class now. so i don't think i would get much done.
SeattleMoose
Aug 19, 11:30 PM
Only the under 30 crowd is excited about this.
But hey, it takes a while to develop common sense.
To the "unhip", this looks like yet another way to bore each other to death.
I must say though, for criminals...things are looking up.
But hey, it takes a while to develop common sense.
To the "unhip", this looks like yet another way to bore each other to death.
I must say though, for criminals...things are looking up.
more...
e28
Oct 9, 04:23 PM
If you can watch an HD movie over your satilite or cable system then somehow the cable or stilite company found a way to electronically distribute the HD content to you. That 25GB of data found a way to get into your house. Not only did it get into the huse but it did it in real time
This is quite different from on-demand hd download. Cable and satellite bandwidth is much greater than traditional internet and it's multicast.
However, for a 25GB movie you only need about a 4 MBPS to stream it (that is, start watching as soon as you start downloading). Most 5-6 MBPS dsl packages are available now for $35/mo, so it doesn't seem that far off.
I think Wal-mart wanted cheaper dvd prices to be more competitive with Target and now Target is trying to get the same treatment. The winning solution is that the studios will probably allow Wal-mart and Target to sell downloadable movies, too, and everyone will be happy except for Wal-mart who will still want cheaper dvd prices.
Truth is, the downloads are less than dvd quality, don't have extras, you need broadband internet and a fast computer or an iPod, and you can't wrap them up and give them as gifts. DVD's will continue to sell well even at a higher price (especially at Wal-mart and Target).
This is quite different from on-demand hd download. Cable and satellite bandwidth is much greater than traditional internet and it's multicast.
However, for a 25GB movie you only need about a 4 MBPS to stream it (that is, start watching as soon as you start downloading). Most 5-6 MBPS dsl packages are available now for $35/mo, so it doesn't seem that far off.
I think Wal-mart wanted cheaper dvd prices to be more competitive with Target and now Target is trying to get the same treatment. The winning solution is that the studios will probably allow Wal-mart and Target to sell downloadable movies, too, and everyone will be happy except for Wal-mart who will still want cheaper dvd prices.
Truth is, the downloads are less than dvd quality, don't have extras, you need broadband internet and a fast computer or an iPod, and you can't wrap them up and give them as gifts. DVD's will continue to sell well even at a higher price (especially at Wal-mart and Target).
atticus1178
Sep 19, 04:44 PM
I unplugged everything and that made it work.
Network Cable
USB devices (3)
Firewire400 (1)
Firewire800 (1)
I didn't think to unplug them one at a time to control for where the problem was. Oh well. If your drives comes out and snaps back in right away without updating the firmware. Remove all devices before rebooting.
My drive came out, and stayed out the entire time the bar was progressing, then it went back in and the maching restarted.
EDIT: I have Keyboard and Mouse ONLY hooked up to the computer.
Network Cable
USB devices (3)
Firewire400 (1)
Firewire800 (1)
I didn't think to unplug them one at a time to control for where the problem was. Oh well. If your drives comes out and snaps back in right away without updating the firmware. Remove all devices before rebooting.
My drive came out, and stayed out the entire time the bar was progressing, then it went back in and the maching restarted.
EDIT: I have Keyboard and Mouse ONLY hooked up to the computer.
more...
francisq
Mar 26, 04:18 PM
SJ: I know It was you Schimdt!!! you broke my heart!! you broke my heart!!
carlgo
Feb 21, 09:31 AM
He has said before that he dresses the way he does because he doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks about him.
I think it is very telling for Microsoft that they weren't represented there. You had Yahoo!, Cisco Systems, Twitter
Oracle, NetFlix, Apple, Genentech, Google, The Westly Group, and Facebook.
Wrong, 180, on the first point. His Capt. Iconic uniform is on because it creates a buzz. Doesn't want attention? Simply wear generic sport coats, etc.
His Man of Mystery medical tour gets him far more attention than simply putting it out there would (like every other person in the world does).
What part of Jobs is shy and retiring? He is a rock star and likes it. Why people try to make him into some sort of monk or something is strange.
I think it is very telling for Microsoft that they weren't represented there. You had Yahoo!, Cisco Systems, Twitter
Oracle, NetFlix, Apple, Genentech, Google, The Westly Group, and Facebook.
Wrong, 180, on the first point. His Capt. Iconic uniform is on because it creates a buzz. Doesn't want attention? Simply wear generic sport coats, etc.
His Man of Mystery medical tour gets him far more attention than simply putting it out there would (like every other person in the world does).
What part of Jobs is shy and retiring? He is a rock star and likes it. Why people try to make him into some sort of monk or something is strange.
more...
monaarts
Apr 5, 08:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
The area around the home button looks unusual.
I agree that it's likely a fake.
That's because it is capacitive, meaning it is a surface that senses the ouch, not an actual button.
The area around the home button looks unusual.
I agree that it's likely a fake.
That's because it is capacitive, meaning it is a surface that senses the ouch, not an actual button.
mac-er
Feb 19, 06:53 AM
Its all about respect for the office. The others are wearing jackets and/or button-up shirts. Just because you don't give a ____ does not mean you have to be disrespectful and show your lack of class.
I don't disagree with you at all. He did the same thing at an EU summit on e-commerce.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/09/steve-jobs-joins-ceos-mick-jagger-for-e-commerce-roundtable.ars
I don't disagree with you at all. He did the same thing at an EU summit on e-commerce.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/09/steve-jobs-joins-ceos-mick-jagger-for-e-commerce-roundtable.ars
more...

PowerFullMac
Jan 15, 03:22 AM
I'll join the iChat :)
I didnt know you had a IRC, MacRumors! I'll add that, too!
Thanks :)
I didnt know you had a IRC, MacRumors! I'll add that, too!
Thanks :)
tmphoto
Sep 27, 11:14 AM
My EOS 400D works fine (in tethered mode as well as just transfering from the memory card)?
Lucky you.
5D, not so much.
Lucky you.
5D, not so much.
SuperCachetes
Mar 12, 04:44 PM
Wow, I came into this thread late. I wonder where the other 39% percent of the Silverado is from? I would guess more than one country. I know about the US Toyota plant, but Honda, too?
Anyway, I kind of like the Honda Fit and if that's helping American workers, then all the more power to them.
Honda has been building cars in Ohio at least since the early '90s. Had a '93 Civic built in East Liberty or Marysville... can't remember which. Sadly, the Fits (I actually own an '09) come from Japan.
Anyway, I kind of like the Honda Fit and if that's helping American workers, then all the more power to them.
Honda has been building cars in Ohio at least since the early '90s. Had a '93 Civic built in East Liberty or Marysville... can't remember which. Sadly, the Fits (I actually own an '09) come from Japan.
dipenmehta
Mar 10, 03:04 AM
I have no word about that facebook is doing well and he deserve the best
bearcatrp
May 3, 04:26 AM
Are you shooting in HD or SD? You can adjust the audio level in your clips. Make your adjustments, play it back to make sure its where you want it before you burn it. I usually drop it more because its easier to raise the volume on the tv.
Diatribe
Oct 27, 07:15 AM
Although it looks pretty nice, it is a half-assed approach to improvement.
- No spam management
- No full feature set (missing bounce, etc.)
- No full data set for the Address Book (still can't note bdays, etc.)
- No iCal integration with a fully editable calendar
Seriously would these things be too hard to do? Google does them so why doesn't Apple?
Sometimes I get the feeling that there are only interns working on .mac
- No spam management
- No full feature set (missing bounce, etc.)
- No full data set for the Address Book (still can't note bdays, etc.)
- No iCal integration with a fully editable calendar
Seriously would these things be too hard to do? Google does them so why doesn't Apple?
Sometimes I get the feeling that there are only interns working on .mac
mstrze
Apr 5, 08:56 AM
No. A car that gets 50mpg is likely much lighter than a car that gets 8mpgs... and hence doesn't put near as much wear on the road
Agreed, but 6.25 (50/8) times as much 'damage'???
Highly doubtful it's even twice as much 'damage'. An extra 1000lbs rolling along on the same type of rubber tires isn't going to increase wear all that much.
Based completely on wear-and-tear on highways I still say that a gas tax is unfair. And this is why the the US is struggling for tax dollars to fund highway repair and upgrade projects these days.
Agreed, but 6.25 (50/8) times as much 'damage'???
Highly doubtful it's even twice as much 'damage'. An extra 1000lbs rolling along on the same type of rubber tires isn't going to increase wear all that much.
Based completely on wear-and-tear on highways I still say that a gas tax is unfair. And this is why the the US is struggling for tax dollars to fund highway repair and upgrade projects these days.
longball11
May 27, 09:35 PM
Is this a thread for how to get the beta? Or is this about how well the game works on Macs...?

No comments:
Post a Comment